Thursday, June 18, 2015

Comin' around the corner

June 8, 2015


"Hello Family!

What a relief that planning my schooling is out of the way and I don't need to make any thoughts about it or let it distract me from now on until the 'afterlife' (after my mission)!  That is a relief indeed.
This last week went well.
I tausched up in Offenburg and Lahr with Elder Monson.  Elder Monson was in my first distrikt with me as DL, he was a golden and him and Elder Griffey (my golden) were good friends.  He is now a distrikt leader so we got to tausch together.  We visited their distrikt meeting and he did a good job, put lots of thought into it.  His distrikt has the Hatches from Cedar and the Sister training leaders - Sister Mehr and Sister Earnshaw.  Sister Mehr was also in my distrikt and came in the same time Elder Griffey did.
Lahr, Offenburg and Freiburg are all pretty, right in the middle of Schwarzwald.  My allergies sadly went crazy but I got them under control now with some German stuff.  It makes me kind of tired though..
We met a cool young family this last week, Daniel and Irrena and their two daughters.  Long story short, we met Irrena two weeks ago on the street, she comes from Romania.  We ended up talking for awhile and then she ended up giving us her number, we finally got an appointment last week.  Her husband was born here in Germany.  He is cool and is on the search.  He has met with JW's and Baptists beforehand but had the feeling that there was more.  He believes that there is only one TRUE church out there and is on the search for this church.  He has already read a lot of anti church things on line I believe because he didn't know what to expect when we showed up and asked us the original questions (about no smoking, no drinking, 5 wives...ect...)  We didn't really teach him much this time just let him know that he can find the truth and will if he continues searching.  We let him know we'd love to share our messages that could help him find this truth.  So this next Wednesday we will teach the Restoration at their home.  Pray that all goes well.  He needs this, their young family does.   I think once they see how family centered and friendly the church  and gospel are, their interest will spark.  Just enough to continue hearing us, then put in to the test and get the answer they are looking for!
We were in the Schweiz on Tuesday.  I really enjoy Präs. Blaser, our Stake President, he's a great man with a powerful testimony.  This week we have MLC in München, us ZL's are getting iPads, I'm trying to get excited for them.   Not this coming saturday but the next is transfer calls, where I'll find out if I will die here IN Singen with Elder Caldwell or go somewhere else.  Anything could happen.
This last fast Sunday was also great!  Eduard came to church, talked with him and he's been busy.  There were some great testimonies!  I also bore mine.  We went to a members and had a typical lunch - wurst and german potato salad.  I also started my 40 day purification fast.  It's where I start it with a fast and make a list of 10 or so things that I want to stop or control, to become more purified in the work. I've wanted to do this my whole mission but for some reason have never got around to it, but I thought that the stress of schooling is over for now it would be a perfect time to get rid of all distractions.  To become completely purified and sanctified in the work.  You can try looking it up, it's by Elder Maxwell I believe.  I love you all and hope you have a great week.

LG
Elder Jensen"

No comments:

Post a Comment