Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hola la Familie

May 18, 2015



"Hey Family,

So on the streets I try to speak spanish...it only lasts 3 sentences then I don't know what to say, but everyone who speaks Spanish that we talk to is really nice.  There is not a lot of Spanish speakers here, I can pretty much count them all with my two hands.
This week was great!  To tell you the truth, I can't really remember all that happened, the days literally just blur all together now on the mission.  Life on the mission for me is completely normal - I mean I can't imagine anything else.  I wake up at 6:20 a.m., get a good work out in, eat breakfast and get ready around 7, and then start studying the scriptures or listen to old general conference talks/devotionals.  At 8 o'clock personal study begins, 9 o'clock companionship study - read handbook - practice a few teaching situations - plan appointments and commitments, 10 o'clock is 30 minutes of language study, 10:30 take bus into the inner city and spend 2 hours talking to everyone!!! After that we eat lunch and then from 2:00 to 8 or 9 p.m. meet with people, teach people, go by visiting people, find people...then plan for the next day.  10:30 at night is companion prayer and personal prayer --fall asleep and wake up the next day and repeat!  Throw in some random adventures and surprises through out the day and you have a mission!
This last week I got to tausch with Elder Dewey here in Singen!  We had a great tausch and were able to meet and teach 4 people in our time together!  Elder Dewey is still a great friend of mine, it was a lot of fun!  We have both grown a lot on the mission but we are still the same us.
Transfer calls are this week, we print them out so we don't get the calls - we make the phone calls.  It's a lot better!  I hated waiting for the calls - so much agony!  I will be staying another transfer here in Singen, it's a 5 week transfer.  After the 5 weeks are up, my group goes home...it's so weird and can't even picture it.
Eduard has got a second job now, saving up money for a trip he wants to take.  He is a hard worker and I sure like him a lot.  He won't be baptized this Saturday.  We were only able to meet once this last week because of his new work schedule.  He's doubting himself a little now.  The members are doing a good job at befriending him.
This last Sunday our 'family' came to church.  I was on translating duty with the microphone so I couldn't sit next to them.  I'm sure it's different than what they are used too, but I hope they enjoyed it.  We will see them on Wednesday.  I am praying and hoping they see the truth and feel the truth in our message!  On Sunday we had a choir from Switzerland visit our Branch.  It was really good!  We had 3 investigators there as well.
Tonight we are going running with someone we found the other week, then eating all you can eat ribs with the young single adults and Eduard.  Right now we are going to catch a bus to go visit Stein am Rhein, only driven through it a couple of times but it looks beautiful! Love you all and hope you have a great week!

LG
Elder Jensen"


 More beautiful scenery
with Sister Smiley
Elder Jensen, Elder Caldwell, "Oma," Sister Smith and Sister Priest

No comments:

Post a Comment