Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Time Keeps Flying By...

March 24, 2014


"Familie,
What a busy week it was!  Man this transfer has just flown by!  I can't believe that transfer calls are this Saturday!  We also have a HUGE finding day in Stuttgart on Saturday - two zones finding, plus all the youth members, so lots and lots of people - it will be sick!  
This last Thursday we dedicated to finding because we haven't found a whole lot of potential investigators these last couple of weeks.  We went around to various villages near Pforzheim and walked around trying to find less actives or former investigators, pretty much just talked to EVERYONE we saw.  We found 2 potentials.
We had some good lessons with "G" this last week.  We had a really good lesson going over the Plan of Salvation.  The reason why he isn't baptized is because he still has some doubts and his faith is still sadly not that strong in certain areas of the Gospel.
Oh yeah, how could I forget, so last Monday our 1st counselor Br. Wengert called and asked if I would gladly give a 20 minute talk in church on Sunday, at 'least' 20 minutes.  I wanted to make sure it was a decent talk since my first talk I ever gave in this branch was my 3rd day in the field and only like 2 minutes long, haha.  I tried cracking some jokes and adding some sense of humor to the talk...but I ended up talking for 28 minutes, in German natürlich.  It's a small branch and sacrament takes like 3 minutes total, so there is A LOT of time left for the 1 or 2 speakers.  It was fun though and a good experience.  After Br. Wengert and I were joking about my first week here and my first talk I gave in church, and how he was worried at first to assign a talk to me for that long.  But after this he realized that there was no need to worry (haha).
So big news "this" week is on Tuesday.   Apparently President Miles, about once a year, goes around the mission and chooses 2 or 4 random missionaries in each zone to work with for a day or teach a lesson with.  Well he is in the Stuttgart zone this week and he chose us to work with on Tuesday!  So we are really excited and feel very honored.  We are going to use him as a joint teach with "G" and try and set a new taufe datum with him (baptism date).  I'm really excited, it's a once in the mission opportunity to be able to work with the President like this.  
Anyways transfer calls are this week already, love you all and hope you all have a great week! 

LG
Elder Jensen


This last Tuesday in Heilbronn on splits with Elder Mickelson

No comments:

Post a Comment