Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ups & Downs

February 10, 2014


"Familie,
Can't believe this week is already over.  As I mentioned last week, Monday we were at the ZOOOO!! It was pretty cool actually.  
Tuesday we had Zone training, which the zone leaders carry out, it's always good.  Afterwards we had a Tausch and I went to Heilbronn with Elder Wasden, our District Leader.  It went good, we only talked German the entire time and we talked to a lot of people.  Oh the funny people Germany has!
On Thursday we went out and tried to contact a couple people, we ended up walking a lot but it was a beautiful day.  After we returned home we had a good weekly planning sesh...the energy is still rollin'!
Friday was a busy and great day!  We went to teach our less active, the Selifi brother, he is awesome and I just love him.  His girlfriend and younger brother are not members, but I have a feeling that one of these times we will teach one of them along with him.  After our lesson with him we went and dropped by this elderly lady we've been visiting.  I swear I learn so much from her in such a short time.  We didn't have too long with her but before I left I asked her what her favorite treat was, she responded with, "my favorite treat...a prayer with you two."  She is so humble and I love her.  We were suppose to meet with Brother "G" that day too.  We tried texting him and calling him earlier but no answer so we went and dropped by around the time we had mentioned.  As soon as we get close we see him walk out his door, pretty crazy "coincidence."  We met with him in the park again and we talked about how he had mentioned he wanted to become a member and what we must be doing in order for that to happen. He was being kind of silent and I said how we should set a date as a goal to be baptized.  He came with us to the English class we teach and the plan is to set a date with him on Sunday while we joint teach with Brother Wengert.
So Sunday came along and we had made a plan of picking him up for church, but he wasn't home and he didn't answer his phone either. We were really bummed, and it's really confusing.  Please pray for him and that our lessons can be consistent with him.  That night we met with one of our investigators and his sister visiting from Australia again.  She has such good questions and she is for sure a golden investigator! I could see her becoming baptized, probably not here though, probably when she returns back to Australia.  The spirit is always so strong.
Zone Konferenz was really good and it's always great to see President Miles.  And transfer calls are this Saturday!!  That will be crazy! Truly time goes by too fast, I will be approaching my 5th transfer.  I don't even like to think about it.  I love you all and hope you have a great week, full of hope and light.  Be the light shinning bright with faith, especially with all the saddness and turmoil around.

LG
Elder Jensen"


Zone Conference
Got to catch up with MTC buddy Elder Oviatt

No comments:

Post a Comment