Friday, June 13, 2014

Enjoy the Journey

May 19, 2014


"Hey Fam,
Augsburg is going good, I love the members.  We had a great tausch this week, it was a bike area, so we got to ride bikes through the German country - up some hills, down some hills and over some rivers, it was sure pretty.  Hard though, about 40 minutes one way to our "potential investigator" who didn't have time for us.  So it was an immediate 40 minute bike ride back.  Taught some of our 'brothers' some great lessons this week.  We teach them in English and the spirit is really strong and it's so natural!  We also had two sweet eating appointments this last week.  One with the Dörings, the wife served her mission in St. George, mainly Enterprise and she loved it!  My mind is a little distracted right now, but I am doing good.  I just want to let you know that I love this GOSPEL so much!  It means so much to me, especially our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I have never felt so close to him and our Father in heaven as these last 10 months.

(Due to some tragic events back home that Gabe was informed of this week, his mind is a little scattered and saddened...but he went on to say this at the end of his email).

I feel so protected here on the Mission and I feel so watched over, like never before.  I think for once in my life the bigger picture comes easier to me than ever before.  This life truly is fragile, and it will pass before us as if a dream (Jacob 7:26).  But how great our joy will be when we all are together in the presence of our Lord.  I can't wait for that day, but in the meantime, we MUST live our life with joy.  And nothing will bring you greater joy as this gospel, it's called the Great Plan of Happiness for a reason!  I hope you all know that I love you, and that I pray for you all.  Know that our Lord really does know us, he knows what we are dealing with, so I plead to you all to take it up with him.  Uchtdorf says it best when he says - when we realize where we came from and where we are going, happiness will come easier. Enjoy the journey. 
Love you all,
Elder Jensen"

No comments:

Post a Comment